Monday, September 3, 2012

Unknown photo subject

I was out and about with my camera today, despite the 103F heat. To try and combat the heat and bright overhead sun I headed to Woodward Park so I could use the trees for shade and props. It also meant I could break out my Speedlight for some fill-flash, well, as long as I could keep my shutter speeds down low enough for my low sync speed.

While there I found, or rather my wife Lisa spotted this little guy (or girl) sheltering on the trunk of a tree. 



I happened to have my macro lens on my camera so I focused in pretty close, while giving myself some distance so I didn't cast a shadow from the end of my lens and took several photos with a pop of fill-flash to illuminate the wings. 

One thing I haven't been able to do so far is identify what species this insect is. I tried several internet searches but have not found anything as yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment