Sunday, September 9, 2012

Request to camera manufacturers

Not that any are likely to be reading this but I would like to make a request to camera manufacturers concerning mode selectors on cameras. Would you please make them lockable so that they can't be accidentally moved and you are suddenly shooting in a different mode than you intended?

Admittedly this may just be an issue with my particular camera, as it is an old model - Nikon D100. The main function wheel that selects Exposure Mode, ISO, WB, Image Quality and AF Area has no locking function and as I found out yesterday, "after" I had been shooting some urban scenes, can be bumped off it's setting fairly easily. I normally shoot in Aperture Priority and don't always check the LCD after each shot. So imagine my surprise when checking the photos on my laptop and finding a little over half the photos badly over exposed due to the camera being on Manual...oops! I know I should have picked up on this at the time, what with the viewfinder readout and all but for whatever reason I didn't notice that anything was wrong/different. Guess I was just having one of those days where I was too interested in the subject to notice anything else.

Oh well, it's not like I can't go back and shoot the same photos another time. If nothing else I can view my visit as a recon one prior to my "real" visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment