Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Continued learning

Once again I have been doing a lot behind the scenes while my "public face" has appeared completely dormant. When my schedule has allowed, I am still watching instructional courses on CreativeLive from such wonderful photogs like Lindsay Adler and Sue Bryce, as lighting is so important to a good photo and they are so good at what they do.

I've also been experimenting with some of what I've been learning. I recently used two small Speedlights to illuminate a room and overpower both the ambient and artificial lighting solving the color balance issues inherent in mixed lighting situations.

I've also been doing a lot of observing of the interplay of light and shadow on people and places. Yeah, I people watch! But we are all different and I find it so informative to observe and take mental notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment