Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New year, new opportunities

With the fast approaching end of 2013 and beginning of 2014 I am hopeful for lots of new opportunities in the coming year.

My blog is now firmly relocated on a new platform and the old URL is now successfully redirecting traffic here, so this blog will continue to grow in content - and hopefully readers.

Both Christmas and my birthday provided wonderful new tools for my photography in a full copy of Photomatix Pro 5 for HDR creation and a Lowepro Flipside 500AW to carry all my gear in.  My poor old Lowepro Stealth Reporter 200AW was woefully unable to carry a fraction of my gear and was proving bad for my shoulders and back with what I could squeeze into it.

I am planning lots more HDR work this year, both urban and natural world.  I am also growing very interested in trying out HDR Panoramas, especially since I have been reading up on the whole process and techniques.

HDR's are not the only photos I'll be taking though, as I will continue to explore all styles of photography.  I do know I have some portrait work coming up and also some product photos for my wife's Etsy site (while being "free" sessions, it is all good practice and helps build my portfolio).

One thing I would really like to do though is to continue to explore new avenues to making money with my photography.  Print sales are not bringing any profit and seems to be drying up as a revenue stream for a lot of photographers.

All in all I'm looking forward to the new year and all that it could bring in new opportunities and growth - not only for myself but for everyone else too.

Here's to 2014, may it be great for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment