Wednesday, December 28, 2011

More photo restoration work

My photo restoration project before Christmas was such a hit with my in-laws that I now have another couple of photos to work on.  These new photos are not disintegrating like the last one (and I still need to try and slow/stop the process) and are primarily very faded and were drawn on with pencil/pen. 

Have to say I'm enjoying the "other" side to photography and working to save/restore old images that hold importance for someone.  New images and photos are certainly important but saving the past is more important as they can never be replaced as the people, places and moment have long gone.  It's also interesting to try and see the moment that the photos were originally taken, or to try and see things from the eyes of the photographer.


No comments:

Post a Comment